SOUTH OF SCOTLAND SUPERCHARGED IS READY TO GO
The future success of our activity, campaigns and developing the South of Scotland into a leading first class destination relies on your business getting the absolute most from us as your DMMO for the South of Scotland.
Below you will see events that are currently in the calendar with more coming soon. Please note our events will be a combination of virtual webinars/workshops and where possible face to face due to the current circumstances.
Sign up today.
- This event has passed.
Outdoors Scotland Tourism Strategy Regional Workshop
Thursday 13th January @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Marine, Adventure and Wildlife – Outdoors Scotland Tourism Strategy
Book your free place today at an Outdoors Scotland Tourism Strategy Regional Workshop – Come along, have your say and get involved in how outdoors tourism is developed in Scotland.
Wild Scotland and Sail Scotland are undertaking a tourism planning process that will result in an Outdoors Scotland Tourism Strategy for Scotland’s Marine, Adventure and Wildlife industry sectors.
This is an exciting initiative that will give the Marine, Adventure and Wildlife tourism industry a unique opportunity to consider emerging opportunities, and to discuss ways of addressing issues and concerns that together will generate a greater return from our visitors and build a stronger industry.
This is a critical time as we emerge from Covid-19, face new consumer trends & expectations, and adapt to a future net zero agenda. Now is the time to help shape the future of your sector.
As part of this process, we would like to invite you to participate in one of our upcoming workshops being held across Scotland. At the workshops we will share with you the key findings to date and importantly the results of the new UK Consumer research by 56 Degree Insight carried out for the development of the new strategy.
The workshops will focus on questions such as:
1. What differentiates Scotland and gives us a competitive advantage as a Marine, Adventure and Wildlife tourism destination?
2. What factors might be hindering the sustainable growth of outdoors tourism in Scotland?
3. How do we build on our advantages and strengthen the return on our key markets?
4. What does success in Outdoors Tourism look like?
BTS is working with Wild Scotland and Sail Scotland on the planning process and will facilitate these workshops. We invite you to participate in a workshop at a convenient time and location to discuss your aspirations and thoughts for Outdoors tourism in Scotland and to assist in identifying the most appropriate steps that should be taken in the next five to eight years.
These workshops are the initial phase of consultation and we are looking forward to working with you in the ongoing process of developing the strategy.
The workshops are being held in the following locations and you can book your place by clicking on one of the links below:
Event Dates / Region
• Wednesday 10th November; 2.00 – 5.00 Ayrshire & Arran, location Ardrossan
• Thursday 11th November 2.00 – 5.00 Taycountry – Perth / Dundee/ Fife and Angus, location Dundee
• Monday 29th November 2.00 – 5.00 Greater Glasgow & Clyde Valley, Inverclyde & Bute, location Greenock
• Tuesday 30th November 2.00 – 5.00 Stirling, Loch Lomond & Trossachs, Central Scotland, location Stirling
• Wednesday 1st December 2.00 – 5.00, South of Scotland, West, Dumfries & Galloway, location Dumfries
• Thursday 2nd December 2.00 – 5.00, Virtual Event
• Monday 6th December, 2.00 – 5.00, Argyll & Isles and Lochaber, location Oban
• Wednesday 8th December 2.00 – 5.00 Cairngorms, location Aviemore
Marine, Adventure and Wildlife – Outdoors Scotland Tourism Strategy Regional Workshops
• Thursday 9th December 9.30 – 12.00 Moray & Inverness, location Forres
• Tuesday 14th December 10.00 – 3.00 Shetland, location Lerwick
• Thursday 16th December 2.30 – 5.00 Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire & Banff, location Inverurie
• Thursday 13th January 2.00 – 5.00 Edinburgh, The Lothians & South of Scotland, East (Scottish Borders), location Carfraemill
• Wednesday 19th January 10.00 – 3.00 Orkney, location Kirkwall
• Tuesday 25th January 5.00 – 8.00 Outer Hebrides, location Benbecula
• Wednesday 26th January 10.00 – 3.00 Outer Hebrides, location Stornoway
The workshops are open to any business, community group, local authority with an interest in Marine, Adventure or Wildlife Tourism.
To find out more visit the project web site – Outdoors Scotland Tourism Strategy