SOUTH OF SCOTLAND SUPERCHARGED IS READY TO GO
The future success of our activity, campaigns and developing the South of Scotland into a leading first class destination relies on your business getting the absolute most from us as your DMMO for the South of Scotland.
Below you will see events that are currently in the calendar with more coming soon. Please note our events will be a combination of virtual webinars/workshops and where possible face to face due to the current circumstances.
Sign up today.
- This event has passed.
Scottish Agritourism Conference
9th November 2021 @ 10:00 am - 10th November 2021 @ 3:30 pm
This conference will bring together everyone interested in the development of agritourism in Scotland.
It will be a great chance to get together and meet people you have only met on zoom, network and build relationships. For those joining online, you will have the chance to view the conference and pose questions to the speakers.
The conference is set to welcome:
- existing agritourism business owners
- farmers and crofters considering agritourism or just keen to find out more
- tourism, hospitality and food and drink businesses keen to benefit from the growth of agritourism in Scotland
- professionals and suppliers to the sector
- industry representatives and the public sector
Day 1 will showcase sector innovation and new product development from businesses in the sector, from those people who have been participating in the Scottish Enterprise Agritourism Monitor Programme.
Day 2 will see the launch of the Scottish Government’s Agritourism Growth Strategy by Mairi Gougeon, Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs and the Islands. This will follow with sessions on market demand for agritourism and insights into consumer trends, and research and data on agritourism from home and abroad.
There will be a social evening following Day 1.
For those unable to travel to Perth, the conference will be streamed online. We are very grateful to Scottish Rural Network for support with online streaming.
The conference will be held subject to Covid regulations, all government guidance will be followed. Attendees will be asked to take a lateral flow test before attending.
Perth Concert Hall has been selected in part due to the large area and number of seats in relation to attendees to offer space.
In the circumstance that the conference has to be postponed, all tickets will be moved to any new date for 2022. We hope this won’t be the case.
Speakers Day 1
- Dr Julian Pace, Director of Rural, Scottish Enterprise
- Jasmine Jackson, Jacksons at Jedburgh, East Community Group
- Robert Wilson, Wilsons Farm and Kitchen, East Community Group
- Ailsa Currie, Bellevue Farm, West Community Group
- Sian Bushell, Family Business Facilitation Expert supporting the programme
- Kay Wilson, Lennox of Lomond and current monitor farmer
- Murray McConchie, Mossyard Farm & 3 Little Huts and past monitor farmer
- Jo McNicol, Drift, East Lothian and current monitor farmer
- Kim Cameron, The Gin Bothy, Angus and past monitor farmer
- Anna Mitchell, Castleton Farm, Aberdeenshire, monitor farm attendee
Speakers Day 2
- Cabinet Secretary for Rural Affairs and the Islands, Mairi Gougeon, launch of Scottish Government Agritourism Growth Strategy
- Riddell Graham, Former Director of Partnerships, Visit Scotland
- Thomas Streifeneder, Head of Institute, Institute for Regional Development, Eurac, Italy
- Raymond MacIntyre, Insight Economist at Visit Scotland
- Vicki Miller, Director of Marketing, Visit Scotland
- Lesley Cameron, Director of Marketing and Corporate Communications, Quality Meat Scotland
- Andrea Nicholas, Chief Executive, Green Tourism
- Caroline Millar, Sector Lead, Scottish Agritourism
For more information and to register to attend, please click here.