SOUTH OF SCOTLAND SUPERCHARGED IS READY TO GO
The future success of our activity, campaigns and developing the South of Scotland into a leading first class destination relies on your business getting the absolute most from us as your DMMO for the South of Scotland.
Below you will see events that are currently in the calendar with more coming soon. Please note all of our events will be virtual webinars and workshops due to the current circumstances, but hopefully will be face to face next year. Don't worry though, these are not the same old boring video calls that we are used to.
Sign up today.
- This event has passed.
UNESCO National Trail of Scotland Industry Webinar
Wednesday 21st July @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
VisitScotland would like to invite you to the UNESCO National Trail of Scotland industry webinar in partnership with Green Tourism on Wednesday 21 July from 2pm – 3.25pm.
Paula Ward, Regional Leadership Director at VisitScotland, will share with you information about the UNESCO National Trail of Scotland which is a new digital trail connecting all 13 UNESCO designations in Scotland. The designations that form part of the trail include:
- Galloway and Southern Ayrshire UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
- Wester Ross UNESCO Biosphere Reserve
- Edinburgh UNESCO City of Literature
- Glasgow UNESCO City of Music
- Dundee UNESCO City of Design
- North West Highlands UNESCO Global Geopark
- Shetland UNESCO Global Geopark
- St Kilda UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Frontiers of the Roman Empire, The Antonine Wall UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Old and New Towns of Edinburgh UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Heart of Neolithic Orkney UNESCO World Heritage Site
- New Lanark UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The Forth Bridge UNESCO World Heritage Site
Due to launch in November, it’s the first national UNESCO trail anywhere in the world that brings together our country’s full range of UNESCO place-based designations (World Heritage Sites, Global Geoparks, Biospheres and Creative Cities) whilst promoting sustainable tourism.
The trail is designed to increase the value of visitors to the sites, increase geographic spread amongst visitors to Scottish UNESCO designations, and engage and involve local communities and local tourism businesses
Green Tourism – responsible for promoting greener ways for businesses and organisations to operate – will jointly host the webinar. Their internationally respected accreditation programme of Bronze, Silver and Gold awards recognises the commitment of tourism businesses which are actively working to become more sustainable and they want to tell you how you can get involved in this project.
In this webinar we will:
- Give you an insight into how this exciting new trail has come about and the aims and objectives.
- Signpost how you can become green accredited with Green Tourism and how this can benefit your business.
- Discuss how you can get involved with the trail as we near launch.
- Host a Q&A to answer any questions you may have.
We hope you can join us.