With between 5 – 50 staff and / or between 5000 – 15,000 visitors per year (based on 2019 figures)
The specific benefits for businesses opting to join SSDA directly are:
- Business listing on ‘Scotland Starts Here’ App & Website – Visible go-to platform for the South with a marketing budget of £500,000 per year over the next 5 years.
- A dedicated Local SSDA Development Agent for accessible on the ground support and engagement.
- Be listed in our supplier directory which will launch in 2021 and will strengthen the local supply chain – Grow collaborative partnerships through relevant exposure of your business offering.
- Receive updates on Covid-19 recovery planning, guidance, and opportunities to engage in training, networking, marketing, and product development – To help boost your resilience and support the achievement of your goals.
- Reach audiences outside the scope of your regular marketing activity – Gaining wider exposure of your social enterprise through SSDA’s greater resource.
- Access to specific data, trends, and insights – Allowing you to make more informed business decisions.
- Use of SSH Logo with brand guidelines – Enhancing your profile through the SSDA affiliation.
Business & Product Development
- Exclusive access to product development/FAM trips and networking events (non-members pay), interactive speed networking with other tourism businesses in the destination to enhance local product knowledge – Which will encourage visitors to stay longer and spend more money across the business network in your area and help spread awareness of your work / goals.
- Access to 1-2-1 product development advice and opportunity to engage in design-led product development workshops for your sector – To optimise the potential of your business through innovation and to soundboard ideas.
- Access to discounts from industry service providers – More resource to spend where you want to.
- Access to free/discounted business support and training with 1-2-1 advice – Supporting you to make more informed business decisions.
- Networking with other tourism businesses and suppliers – Access to mutually beneficial collaborative opportunities.
Discounted Paid For Opportunities will include i.e.:
(You will be notified by email as and when these opportunities become available)
- Be involved in regional PR, press trips and editorial referrals, media and travel trade FAM trips and bloggers.
- Be featured in consumer and trade itineraries.
- Feature in Scotland Starts Here landing pages, blogs, social media, and campaigns.
- To feature in Scotland Starts Here curated content marketing and social media activity.
- To attend travel Trade workshops, trade education, trade sales and 1:1 surgeries with our travel trade specialist.
- To have visibility at regional and national trade events such as VS EXPO.
- To utilise partner consumer databases (subject to GDPR).
- To take part / be get digital improvement and assessments for your business.
- To get discounted accredited online destination and customer service training for your staff.
- Attend training / workshops / events – for example: business engagement education on ‘being online bookable’, digital training, product development and innovation workshops (1-2-1 / group sessions) etc
- Get discounted tickets for conferences.
- Digital Improvement and assessments.