2023 is the year to take cycling tourism up a gear...
The launch of the Kirkpatrick C2C, South of Scotland's Coast to Coast route and welcome the UCI World Championships, the South of Scotland is set to be the country's leading cycling destination.
How to get a slice of the action
As we gear up to launch the Kirkpatrick C2C, South of Scotland's Coast to Coast, and welcome the UCI World Championships, the South of Scotland is set to be the country's leading cycling destination.
This is the first in a series of 3 webinars covering all you need to know to get the best from cycling opportunities.
- Paula Ward, Economic Infrastructure Development Specialist, SOSE, Delivery Manager, South of Scotland Cycling Partnership Strategy and UCI Optimisation Plan
- Steve Duncan, Senior North Region and Sectors Marketing Manager, Visit Scotland
- Anne Massey, Business Advice Manager, Visit Scotland
- Emilia Hanna, Head of Programme, National Cycle Network (Scotland), Sustrans
Cycling Started Here
The South of Scotland is set to be Scotland's leading cycling destination and we boast a hugely relevant USP (Unique Selling Point).
In 1839 Kirkpatrick Macmillan invented the pedal cycle in the village of Keir Mill, Dumfries & Galloway. Communities and tourism businesses across the South of Scotland are collaborating to celebrate Kirkpatrick Macmillan and develop cycle tourism. How can your business engage?
The second in a series of 3 webinars covering all you need to know to get the best from cycling opportunities.
- Senga Greenwood - Development Officer, KPT Development Trust
- Ian Barr - Principal Officer-Events, Dumfries & Galloway Council
- Rich Rowe - Project Manager, GO Tweed Valley
Make your business cycle friendly.
As the South of Scotland becomes the country's leading destination for cycle tourism, providing cycle friendly infrastructure will ensure your business is welcome to ready cyclists and benefit from a surge in bookings this summer and beyond. Find out how SSDA marketing is gearing up for the summer of cycling across ScotlandStartsHere.com.
Hear from tourism businesses about how they have diversified to incorporate new tourism opportunities.
This is the third in a series of 3 webinars.
- Vanessa Wegstein, Marketing Manager
- SSDA Chris Walker, Proprietor Selkirk Arms Hotel
- Patrick O'Shaughnessy, Industry Manager (Development), Visit Scotland