15th March 2022, Crichton, Dumfries.
The South of Scotland Destination Alliance held its inaugural conference at the beautiful Crichton Campus in Dumfries. It was an exciting opportunity to spend the day listening to industry leaders, catching up on all the developments at SSDA, and participating in workshops & networking.
With keynote speaker, travel journalist and broadcaster Simon Calder enthusing the businesses, suppliers and industry leaders & stakeholders, the day was off to a great start.
With a varied and engaging lineup of speakers, the day was packed and informative, including 3 breakout sessions with Food & Drink, Sustainability and Travel Trade.
Please see below for the videos of the main speakers, also attached are the slide decks for each talk.
Strategy Update CEO, Ross McAuley
- Strategic Outlook - Context
- Industry Engagement
- Industry Leadership and Capacity Building
- Destination Development
- Place Branding and Marketing
Destination Development, Linny Oliphant
- Food & Drink
- Hub Gateways
- Recharge in nature
- Coast to coast
- Slow Tourism
- Cultural Heartlands
Destination Development Fiona Lee
Kirkcudbright Art Tour
Destination Development, Emma Guy
Destination Development, Richard Clarke
The Importance Of Long Distance Trails
Destination Development, Karen Jackson
South of Scotland Regional Economic Partnership
Brand Placement, The Union. Lyndsay Snoddon.
Turning Scotland On Its Head
Marketing The South Of Scotland
- Scotland Starts Here–Our Journey So Far
- Visit Scotland Destination&Sector
- Marketing Fund
South of Scotland Stories, Sarah Macdonald
- Literary Tourism
- Initiatives & Studies
- Digital Interactive and VR Experiences
- Audit & Database
- Audio, Town and Car Trails
- Marketing Campaign
- Further Developments
Food & Drink
With Joe Hind, Beth Webb and Alistair Scoular
Galloway and Southern Ayrshire Biosphere
In conversation with Beirhope Alpacas
Industry Panel Q & A
2022 A Bright Future
Hosted by SSDA board member Vicki Steel of Aikwood Tower and a panel of industry experts.
- Jane Morrison-Ross - CEO, SOSE
- Rob Dickson - Director of Industry and Destination Development, Visit Scotland
- Karen Jackson - Director of Strategy, Partnership and Engagement.
- Ross McAuley - CEO, South of Scotland Destination Alliance
A huge thank you to all our sponsors who supported our event, we look forward to working with you in the coming year.