GET INVOLVED & BECOME A MEMBER
Membership of the SSDA is open to all tourism, hospitality and leisure businesses and organisations across the South of Scotland – or even anyone who loves our region and wants to invest in its future.
Joining us will bring many benefits to individual businesses, our local destination and sector marketing groups, suppliers and members of the community.
As we embark on our first year’s programme and focus our efforts on supporting our industry’s recovery from the devastating impact of Covid-19, membership of SSDA is free until Summer 2021. From June 2021, members will pay a joining fee of £30 and a monthly subscription.
Learn more about our different membership packages below.
SSDA MEMBERSHIP OVERVIEW
Membership of SSDA will bring a host of tangible benefits to individual businesses, local marketing groups, suppliers, events, and social enterprises. Our membership categories are listed below. Please select the membership best suited to your business / organisation.
You will benefit from:
- Place Brand Marketing – (Putting the South of Scotland on the map through ‘Scotland Starts Here’ and driving a sustainable increase in visitors to the area)
- Digital Improvement – (engage with your customers more effectively, maximising customer communication opportunities, meet evolving consumer expectation and reach audiences effectively including having excellent online visibility and bookability)
- Business & Product Development – (fulfil business potential through innovation, collaboration, creativity, and diversification)
- Discounted paid for opportunities – (make increasingly informed business decisions by tapping into the range of activities being created by us, through listening to you and what is needed by you and our destination)
- Networking with businesses, suppliers, and trade – (to grow revenue through effective partnerships and collaborations)
In light of the unprecedented circumstances our industry faces and with SSDA having secured substantial funding we are here to support businesses as best as we can by launching our new membership scheme now.
In 2020 any business can join SSDA for Free to receive immediate benefits, but more importantly, sustainable and substantial benefits across the long term. Our minimal monthly subscriptions and the joining fee of £30 will not start until June 2021.
What to do:
- Please select which membership category you fall into.
- This will take you to a page with specific details of that membership type.
- By completing this form, you are committing to join SSDA as a member. There will be no fee / charge until June 2021.
- We will contact you in May 2021 with details on how to make your monthly membership subscription.
Please note If you fail to pay within 1 month of receiving the invoice / mandate, your membership will be cancelled, and benefits removed.
There are 6 categories of Membership
- Individual Businesses and Operators
- Destination and Sectorial Groups
- Stand Alone Events / Event Organisers
- Social Enterprises
- Industry Partners (B2C & B2B)
* If you are a multi-site operator please select the Large Businesses & Operators category.
* If you are a charitable trust you will receive a 50% discount on your membership – please ensure you select the tickbox on sign-up.
INDIVIDUAL BUSINESSES & OPERATORS
The direct membership of SSDA will bring numerous benefits to individual businesses. There are 3 categories to choose from depending on the size of your business / visitor numbers.
DESTINATION & SECTORIAL GROUPS
These options are for tourism or sectorial groups which enables your members with the basic package of SSDA membership benefits and the options are based on the size of your membership.
We also want to encourage these other sectors in tourism to become members including our key suppliers, any events in our location as well as social enterprises.